“If you’re willing to adapt and learn, you can transform.”
Barry Coleman has held leadership roles since the early days of his career. His leadership assignments have included front-line supervisor, sales manager, organization development manager, and human resources manager. Through these roles, he developed a first-hand understanding of the challenges, setbacks, and triumphs that leaders experience along the way. Based on his experience, Barry acknowledges the importance of having a coaching relationship built on authenticity and directness.
Barry is a collaborative, inclusive, results-oriented leadership coach, trainer, and facilitator, who has been serving organizations for 25 years. He is passionate about coaching and committed to helping his clients achieve their goals. Through provocative and probing questions, insightful feedback, and reframing, Barry fosters a coaching partnership based upon collaboration to achieve personal and professional success.
As a coach, Barry is recognized by his clients for his ability to listen and build transparent and respectful relationships that help them to uncover the root causes of challenges in leadership situations. They appreciate Barry’s strategic approach to coaching, which equips them with practical applications to manage both simple and complex organizational challenges.
Barry helps his clients to uncover their full leadership potential and develop leadership capabilities to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world. His work focuses on situational leadership, emotional intelligence, leadership presence, feedback/feedforward, communication, and leading management principles.
- 15 years of experience in the field of leadership coaching across various industries, including financial services, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, biotech, government agencies and associations, professional services, and non-profit enterprises
- Prior to coaching, 20 years of experience in financial services and manufacturing in leadership positions of increasing responsibility, including Sales Manager, Diversity and Inclusion Senior Consultant, Learning and Development Consultant, Organization Development Manager, and Human Resources Director.
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Master of Science in Organization Development (American University/NTL)
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Polarity Management (Andiron)
- Prism Certification (SurePeople)
- Assessment Certifications: Myers Briggs Type Indicator; OPM Leadership 360; Center for Creative Leadership 360; DiSC; Conflict Dynamics Profile; Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Lives in Washington, DC and enjoys spending time with family and friends.
- Hobbies include exercising, traveling, attending plays and watching movies.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.