Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“I believe the answers lie within the individuals I coach. I often use the phrase, ‘Leadership is an inside job.’”
Bette George is a leadership coach, author and organizational development consultant. Known for her groundbreaking diversity work, Bette has consulted with organizations nationwide to develop and implement strategies to create inclusive, respectful and productive work environments. As a leadership coach, she combines her organization development experience with a new appreciation for the power and potential of purposeful conversation that helps her clients embrace the conflicting demands, emotions, and challenges in a workplace and world that require extraordinary presence. Her special expertise is partnering with her clients to bring forth their best gifts— courageously, creatively, and productively. Bette has developed a pragmatic, outcome-based approach to coaching that builds on the natural strengths of the leaders with whom she works. Within the framework of appreciative inquiry, Bette’s clients embark on a journey of self-discovery that is both developmental and transformational. She encourages strategic thinking while creating a vision and plan for the future based on personal and organizational goals.
Bette enjoys working with senior executives and leaders experiencing transition. She reminds clients that leadership coaching is about one’s whole life. Bette’s own career and life experiences bring perspective and wisdom to her coaching work: as she points out, “I have seen it all; nothing surprises me.” Her clients share their challenges without judgment and they thank Bette for keeping their stories safe.
- Over 25 years of coaching experience
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Over 30 years experience as an educator, entrepreneur and management consultant
- Has a depth of experience working with senior executives and those navigating transitions into new positions, jobs or career change
- Has consulted with organizations nationwide to develop and implement strategies to create inclusive, respectful and productive work environments
- Co-author of A Practical Guide to Working with Diversity and Honoring Boundaries: Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Masters in Organizational Development (American University)
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Psychology and English (University of Virginia)
- Lives in the DC Metro region and enjoys spending time with her family