“Leadership is not a lonely journey. It is the ability to influence another, starting with self. If your intent is to shift the actions and minds of other leaders and not shift your mindset and/or actions, you’re likely going to have a steep climb. So… start with self. Be the change.”
For the last 22 years, Don’Angelo has studied, written, trained and coached middle management to C-suite leaders, across five of seven continents, to implement strategies that have improved their self and social awareness. He partners with leaders to directly connect their emotional intelligence with the ability to create seismic shifts in their professional and personal lives. Don’Angelo has learned and come to respect the uniqueness of each leader and the challenges they face.
With expertise in industrial/organizational psychology and coaching, Don’Angelo has a profound understanding of what drives human behavior. His work requires that leaders and organizations reexamine internal conversations that have resulted in past performance. Leaders recalibrate their mindset and action to be in alignment with their aspirations. He partners closely with his clients to envision new possibilities and to stretch beyond their comfort zones to create new outcomes.
Clients describe Don’Angelo as authentic, down-to-earth and service-oriented. He brings great energy to his coaching with a candid style that is balanced with humor and compassion.
Don’Angelo is on the faculty of the Co-Active Training Institute’s world-renowned Leadership Coaching Program and has played a role in coaching and training 1000s of leaders worldwide.
- Faculty member for the Co-Active Training Institute
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- 20 years of global experience, across a large set of industries, in the field of leadership, executive, and team coaching and leadership development
- Experience in working with coaching clients and delivering programs across United States, Europe, South America, Australia and Northeastern Africa
- Serves as a meta-coach to participants for the Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence Coaching Program
- Former adjunct lecturer at the City University of New York (Brooklyn University and John Murphy Institute)
- S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (Missouri State University)
- A. in Psychology (Tuskegee University)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (Co-Active Training Institute)
- Emotional Intelligence Certified Coach (Daniel Goleman EI)
- Certified Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coach (for Executives and Teams)
- Certified in Leadership Development (Co-Active Training Institute)
- Human Synergistics Leadership Workstyles & Inventory w/ Item-Level Feedback
- Emotional & Social Competency Inventory (Korn Ferry)
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator CPP Certified in Step I and Step II
- Hogan Assessments including Leadership Forecast Series, Team Assessment and Judgement
- Korn Ferry 360
- Leadership Architect (Korn Ferry)
- Don’Angelo serves as a volunteer coach for the Innocence Project and the United World of Coaches.
- He is one of 16 children.
- Don’Angelo resides in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- He enjoys entertaining and cooking for groups ranging from 2 to 200+ people.