Eric de Nijs
“The power and joy of great leadership and great coaching isn’t just in the give and take of driving to results, but in offering what every human craves most, deeper human connection to a bigger purpose, and the pride and joy of accomplishing what they didn’t think possible.”
Dr. Eric de Nijs is an executive coach with over 35 years of experience helping people and organizations achieve improved performance and capability. His client base includes CEOs, senior and middle managers, high potentials, and key individual contributors. Eric most often works with leaders, who are interested in strengthening their leadership presence, deepening collegial connection, engagement and commitment to organizational goals and objectives, improving organizational performance by mastering the art of “human factors” i.e., confidence, courage and competence, developing their next generation of leaders/talent, creating a culture that speaks to the heart of soul of the people you want to recruit/retain.
Eric’s background includes experience in diverse industries such as food, consumer products, manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, defense, military, energy, and county and federal government agencies. Eric has worked with individuals and teams at all levels in Western and Eastern Europe, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Central and South America, Indonesia, South Korea, and Australia, which allowed him to develop a global and culturally-nuance perspective of leadership.
As a leadership coach, Eric helps his clients develop the leadership required to bridge the business case for change with the people case for change. Eric works with leaders and teams to maximize leadership effectiveness and build a culture of trust, respect, and engagement. He also helps individuals and organizations in developing new capacities and perspectives with their resources, capabilities, opportunities, and problems. His background in continuous improvement and coaching lends a unique experience to performance improvement and leadership development. He consolidated and integrated all his leadership and human resources experience and expertise in his G.R.A.C.E. at Work Handbook, which focuses on helping people understand that everything in life happens by way of a conversation and a relationship.
Eric loves to help the client answer their “bigger why” questions. Process improvement and enhanced organizational performance are byproducts of better conversations and stronger relationships.
- Over 35 years of experience working in corporations on leadership and organizational development in a variety of industries and at all levels.
- Over 20 years of experience as a leadership coach in private and public sectors with many different industries
- Has worked in over 20 countries implementing and facilitating various leadership development programs
- Has trained coaches for nearly 20 years at Georgetown University
- Has designed, implemented, and facilitated a variety of leadership programs
- Has volunteered as a Quality examiner for the States of Michigan and Virginia (patterned after the Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award)
Education, Training and Certifications
- Doctorate in Human Resource Development, Western Michigan University
- Completed coach training programs with Georgetown University, Corporate Coach University and Team Coaching International
- International Coaching Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Assessments: The Leadership Circle Profile, The Workplace Big 5, FIRO-B, MBTI, DISC, Personalysis among others
- Enjoys hiking and camping in National and State Parks and is a workout fanatic
- Enjoys spending time with his wife, 3 kids and 4 little grand dudes
Learn more about Nebo’s services.