Vice President, Coaching Solutions & Leadership Coach
“Clients and colleagues have told me that I have the gift of ‘seeing the mighty oak tree in an acorn and giving it what it needs to grow.’ I enjoy serving as a catalyst for discovering hidden potential and generating new impact opportunities through thoughtful partnering conversations.”
Friderike Butler is Nebo’s Vice President of Coaching Solutions. In this role, she applies her talent for connecting people with ideas and new opportunities in a number of ways. Internally, Friderike leads Nebo’s coaching services team and creates the conditions for excellence in coaching delivery and the continued development of Nebo’s diverse coaching pool. She partners with Nebo’s Community of Practice through continued education opportunities, training and networking events and serves as a coaching resource for Nebo’s coaches. In addition to her internally focused Nebo work, Friderike identifies new business opportunities, establishes new partnerships and represents Nebo’s thought leadership on transformational coaching.
Friderike has established a reputation for being a visionary and creative intra- and entrepreneur, who built several businesses in the travel, IT and communication industry. She brings extensive international management expertise, a genuine appreciation for diversity of perspective, curiosity around culture and the power of words, a heart-centered, pragmatic, people-focused approach, and flexibility to all her engagements.
At the core of her work, Friderike is a catalyst for change, growth, purpose and inspiration in the workplace. Friderike thrives on creating collaborative and inspiring partnerships with coaches, clients and Nebo business partners alike.
People who work with Friderike describe her as a creative, supportive and inspiring leader committed to serving others and a fun and committed collaborator with a strong backbone and a generous heart.
- Experienced the challenge and opportunity of leading across cultural differences when she opened and expanded the first U.S. sales office for a German cruise line
- Actively developed a 1-person software consulting practice into a boutique software development firm with 19 on-site employees and virtual teams of subcontractors in Russia, China, and India
- Inspired to study organizational development and become a leadership coach after witnessing a cherished and thriving business fall apart and close its doors after a change in ownership
- Coached more than 500 executives and high-potential professionals in Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, and small businesses for improved performance and elevated leadership competencies with excellent results; personal passion for coaching leaders in transition and emerging talent development
Education, Training, and Certifications
- M.S. in Organization Development and Knowledge Management (George Mason University)
- B.I.S. in Cross-cultural Management and Communication (George Mason University)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- ICF Certified Mentor Coach
- Certified Narrative Coaching Practitioner, studied under Dr. David Drake
- EMCC Individual Team Coaching Accreditation (ITCA)
- Certified Narrative Intelligence Practitioner
- Certified Culturally Intelligent Coach
- SOAR Certified Leadership Development Trainer/ Chalmers Brothers T3
- Crossing Cultures with Confidence Trainer certified through The Interchange Institute
- Assessment Certifications:
- Leadership Circle Profile 360; SVSS (Strengths, Values, Storytype Survey); Everything DiSC
- Born in Germany, hometown Wiesbaden
- Now lives in Northern Virginia with her husband, enjoys frequent visits from her two adult sons and is very engaged in her local community
- Reconnects with her inner Zen by exploring local trails with her dog
- Enjoys experiencing different cultures through traveling and sampling local foods. She is an avid scuba diver and fierce lionfish hunter
Learn more about Nebo’s services.