Jessica H. Jackson
Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“Marian Wright Edelman, founder of the Children’s Defense Fund, once said, ‘Service is the rent we pay for living on this earth, for being.’ I see my coaching as service and holding space for leaders to explore and address what’s holding them back — whether that’s from a promotion, making healthier choices, prioritizing what really matters or something else. The answers are within.”
Jessica Howard is a natural when it comes to coaching. She found her career in coaching when a well-known leadership coach observed her calm, thoughtful and observant presence in the workplace and encouraged her to become a coach. Jessica followed her heart and stepped into the field of coaching.
Mindfulness provides the foundation for Jessica’s life and for her coaching with leaders at all levels. Yoga led her to coaching, indirectly. After working full-time for three years as a much-in-demand yoga instructor, the MITRE Corporation hired her to bring her calm, grounded spirit to be an assistant to a senior executive, who benefited enormously from her calm and focused presence. During her time at MITRE, Jessica provided perspective and support to the senior leadership team, an experience that has given her enormous insight into how leaders grow and learn through their work.
Thoughtful and kind, Jessica enjoys “holding space” for people in her coaching practice to help them get to the issues and concerns that have deepest impact for them. She particularly likes clients who challenge her and pique her curiosity. She believes that what makes us is the path we travel. “You can only be you. Invest everything in being you. Find your service. Find your gift.”
- Financial services and project management industry experience
- 5 years of coaching and leadership experience
- Former yoga instructor and entrepreneur
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Master of Business Administration (University of Maryland)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts/ Psychology Minor (Salisbury University)
- Lives in Washington D.C. with her spouse P.R. Jackson
- Enjoys traveling
- Currently studying the practice of meditation