“I love working with clients at all levels who want to have greater influence in their organizations, make more impact in their fields, feel more comfortable as leaders, and increase their career satisfaction.”
Mara brings 25 years of leadership and management expertise to her coaching clients, along with her lifelong passion for learning and personal development. Many of the situations Mara’s clients face are ones she has also personally experienced, including: heading departments, supervising teams, managing client relationships, and developing and managing budgets.
She has worked in small, mid-sized, and large organizations in the nonprofit, corporate, and government sectors. She often works with executives assuming new roles or being groomed for greater responsibilities in the corporate, nonprofit, and public sectors, both across the United States and internationally.
Mara’s deep curiosity about and admiration for people, combined with her supportive and intuitive presence, provide a comfortable, spacious, fortifying setting in which her clients access their deepest wisdom and creativity. The solutions her clients ultimately create are not ones she would have been able to suggest or predict. They came through the coaching work and from each client’s unique experience, personality, and goals.
Her areas of particular skill and interest include: executive presence, authentic leadership, leadership confidence, transforming the professional self-image, career decisions, effective supervision, mindfulness, stress management, and work/life balance. She is committed to helping her clients develop tangible insights, skills, and habits that make a positive difference in their lives. Clients report a sense of feeling deeply heard and understood, as well as an increased ability to see and act on new perspectives and possibilities. Mara’s work is inspired by her desire for more enthusiasm, capacity, and harmony in the workplace and in the world.
- International Coach Federation Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Conducts online workshops focused on resolving workplace challenges and delivers workshops on personal development topics
- Former Peace Corps Volunteer (Senegal)
- Member, teacher, and speaker with the National Stuttering Association
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Master in Business Administration (Yale School of Management)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics (Boston College)
- Mara lives with her husband and daughter on the Eastern Shore.
- Mara enjoys teaching yoga.
- She is an avid swimmer and has completed the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim twice.