“My clients report a sense of feeling deeply heard and understood, as well as an increased ability to see and act on new perspectives and possibilities.”
Mara brings her lifelong passion for learning and personal development to her coaching clients. Her deep curiosity about and respect for people, combined with her supportive and intuitive presence, provide a comfortable, spacious, fortifying setting in which her clients are able to access their deepest wisdom and creativity. Through exploratory coaching sessions, introspective exercises, and customized real-life experiments Mara’s coaching clients develop tangible insights, skills, and habits that transform their work lives and careers.
Mara’s 20-year career in nonprofit leadership has given her particular knowledge of the unique needs and challenges facing mission-driven organizations, and she is an effective thinking partner for leaders experiencing acute pressure in high-stakes and urgency-driven situations. She also works with clients on numerous aspects of career growth, both helping them maximize their impact in leadership positions and partnering with them in planning and executing fulfilling career transitions.
Mara’s areas of particular skill and interest include VP- and mid-level leaders, executive presence, adjustment to promotions and new roles, introverts in the workplace, effective supervision, career decisions and strategies, mindfulness, stress management, and work/life balance.
- 12 years in the field of leadership coaching
- 20 years in nonprofit leadership, primarily securing and managing U.S. government grants in internationally-focused organizations.
- Teaches workshops and classes on the benefits of mindfulness in the workplace, and topics related to professional and personal growth
- Treasurer of the St. Anne’s Episcopal School Parents Association (Middletown, Delaware)
- Member and presenter with a national support organization that helps people who stutter thrive in their lives and careers
- Two years as a Peace Corps Volunteer in a rural Senegalese village
- Certified yoga teacher
Education, Training, and Certifications
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Certified Leadership Coach, Georgetown University Institute for Transformational Leadership
- Master in Business Administration, Yale School of Management. Concentration in Nonprofit Management. Co-coordinator, Women in Management Student Interest Group
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Boston College
- Certified Professional Career Coach (completion expected November 2022)
- Lives with her husband, nine-year-old daughter, and rowdy Labradoodle on the Eastern Shore of Maryland
- Member of the Chester River Aquatic Blues (CRABs) swim team and completed the 4.4-mile Great Chesapeake Bay Swim twice
- Enjoys reading fiction, traveling, creative writing, and international cultures
- As a person who is actively living with a speech disorder, Mara has firsthand experience transforming self-perceived limits into a vibrant and confident approach to life and work.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.