“Coaching cultivates essential perspectives to lead change and transform the status quo for individuals and organizations to thrive.”
Michelle is an executive leadership coach, who has a passion for coaching purpose-driven, high-growth senior and next-gen leaders as they shape the future of their organizations. She particularly enjoys coaching innovators, in industry and startups, seeking to create positive change in themselves and in their organizations, especially social-impact ventures. Her clients span a variety of industries, such as, technology, law, engineering, finance, entertainment, consumer goods, public policy, design, academia, and gaming.
Michelle comes to coaching from the practice of law as an in-house attorney in corporate and state government. She was inspired to become a coach after having the opportunity to be a thought partner to intrapreneurs in corporate and government, in matters beyond the law, by helping them become clear about their thinking and internal models relating to leadership, strategy and decision-making. Michelle believes clients bring possibilities into existence when they notice default ways of thinking and unlock new perspectives.
Clients say her ability to sit alongside them – with her kind energy, deep listening and discerning questions – provide the autonomy and space to be, and think for, themselves as they unfold insights.
- As Deputy General Counsel, Commercial and Intellectual Property, advised the C-Suite and senior leaders on legal matters of first impression and on pioneering business opportunities to include global expansion by creating the legal infrastructure for licensing new services and establishing foreign subsidiaries.
- In her role as Director of Government Relations, co-led the government relations team’s efforts to raise visibility with Congress, in Congressional hearings and meetings with members and staffers, as well as, with public officials in federal, state, and local agencies, and grassroots organizations.
- While practicing law, received several recognitions to include three Presidents Awards issued by Arbitron Inc. for Global Transactions, Licensing, and Mexico, respectively.
Education, Training, Certifications
- Juris Doctor (University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law)
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Pennsylvania)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- International Coaching Federation Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Certified Confidence Coach (American Confidence Institute)
- Completed coursework in positive psychology, adult development and design thinking
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends
- Serves on nonprofit boards for causes she is passionate about
- Global traveler and lived in Germany as a child
- Animal (especially dogs) lover and Bonsai enthusiast
Learn more about Nebo’s services.