Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“As Helen Keller said, ‘Life is a daring adventure or nothing.’ I like being on that journey with my clients. You can be a good, fun and compassionate person and still be very successful.”
Nancy Lamberton became a coach after a successful career in business, first as a corporate leader and then as an entrepreneur/partner in her business, Excitations, a company that provides special experiences as gifts. Throughout her career she has enjoyed helping make it a little easier for others to excel and thrive. For many years, she has played a leadership role in the Women in Technology (WIT) organization, providing leadership to its Board and also to the mentor/protege program, which touches on one of her passions: mentoring and coaching as a way of developing others.
Nancy frequently works with entrepreneurs, rising executives and women in male-dominated fields. She describes her clients as “people who are trying to find their voice.” She often helps leaders articulate vision and translate the vision into results through leadership of their teams. Nancy is known not only for the depth of her leadership, mentoring and coaching background, but also for her sense of adventure and fun. Nancy has run very large organizations and was promoted in a male-oriented organization and industry. From firsthand experience, she feels empathy for her clients and their challenges. Many people find that her understanding of their stresses and goals helps give momentum to the coaching work.
- 8 years of experience in the field of coaching
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Has an extensive executive background, having run large organizations and founded a company
- Has over 25 years of experience in the business industry as a senior executive and entrepreneur
- Served as a mentor for over 20 years in her corporate career
- Executive Certificate in Facilitation (Georgetown University)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Master in Finance and Marketing (Southern Methodist University)
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism (The University of Kansas)
- Finds inner peace and centeredness when hiking Turkey Run, a hiking path in a canyon along the Potomac River