Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“Through thinking deeply and being present in the coaching relationship, all sorts of possibilities open up that didn’t seem to be there before. I am passionate about creating the space for possibilities with my clients.”
Susan Jones chose to become a leadership coach after more than 25 years of practicing law and serving as a clinical law professor. As the director of the Small Business & Community Economic Development Clinic at The George Washington University Law School she has taught, counseled and mentored scores of law students. As program director, she’s managed teams, represented hundreds of entrepreneurs, nonprofit organizations, micro-entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs, artists, musicians, and other creative entrepreneurs. Recognizing changes in the business of law and legal education she decided to become a coach herself because she realized the potential of coaching to transform the legal industry.
Susan has been described as passionate not only about being an educator and lawyer, but also about helping people and organizations actualize their possibilities. She enjoys working with leaders who are looking to think strategically and strengthen their impact within their teams, organizations, and communities. She frequently works with people who are in transition and are looking for creative solutions to their challenges.
- Active member of the DC Bar, having served as Vice-Chair to the DC Bar (CED) Pro Bono Project Advisory Committee
- Authored A Legal Guide to Microenterprise Development
- Published in Choice: The Magazine of Professional Coaching
- Editor-in-chief and senior editor of the ABA Journal of Affordable Housing and Community Development Law
- Co-founder of Community Economic Development Committee of the ABA Section on Business Law
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- M.A. in Teaching Clinical Legal Education (Antioch School of Law)
- Fannie Mae Fellowship (Harvard Kennedy School)
- J.D. (Antioch School of Law)
- B.A. in Political Science (Brandeis University)
- Susan values the arts and was awarded the Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts Lifetime Achievement Award for her service to the creative community
Learn more about Nebo’s services.