Leadership Coach, Diversity and Inclusion Practitioner & Facilitator
“I believe that everyone deserves equal economic, political, and social opportunities irrespective of race, gender, or religion – and beyond that, a sense of true fulfillment and belonging when it comes to our families, communities, organizations, and institutions.”
Kim D’Abreu has 25 years of experience designing and managing national, impactful, workforce diversity and inclusion programs. As a credible thought leader within education, healthcare, and non-profit sectors, she has built an impeccable reputation for managing the culture and complexities of environments. Her expertise includes effectively developing tools, strategies, and written resources focused on climate and cultural competency as a means to promote the success of women, racial and ethnic minorities, LGBT communities, and other marginalized groups.
She is trained as an executive coach, and, as such, is an effective communicator with high emotional intelligence. She has a wealth of experience connecting with non-profit leaders, foundations, and health and education executives to explore new opportunities for addressing social equity issues in our society. Kim is passionate about the intersection of culture, identity, and traditional leadership competencies and customizes strategic solutions to support her clients’ business and career success. She has helped guide company leadership in structurally incorporating diverse thinking and experience into their management and program philosophy.
- 25 years of experience designing and managing national, impactful, workforce diversity and inclusion programs
- Thought leader within education, healthcare, and non-profit sectors
- 15 years of experience managing the culture and complexities of environments
- Passionate about the intersection of culture, identity and leadership
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Master of Public Health (Columbia University)
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Sciences (Johns Hopkins University)
- Enjoys spending time with her daughter and two cats, Brooke and Lynn