Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“In partnership with leaders and teams, I seek to enable insight, divergent thinking, and serve as a catalyst for emergent intentions, new possibilities, and learning.”
Adam has established a stellar reputation as a leadership coach, facilitator, and organization consultant. He helps leaders build leadership capacity, negotiate career challenges, derive greater satisfaction, and accomplish more in their professional lives. He works with senior leaders and across most sectors including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, automotive, communications, hospitality, IT, financial services, health care, consumer products, engineering and construction, international multilateral institutions, management consulting, as well as nonprofit, federal, and higher education. Key areas of Adam’s practice areas include coaching leaders recalibrating and developing to thrive in new senior-level roles, charting career advancement, and career strategies.
Adam Smith became a coach to forge potent, high-impact, developmental partnerships with leaders who want to gain insight, expand confidence and potential, and thrive. Adam has helped leaders address critical areas including influence, executive presence, transforming leadership identity, engaging high-performing teams, ascending to top roles, executive committee and board performance, resilience, agility and building agile cultures, systems thinking, and navigating and leading change. Clients have described Adam as an invaluable thought partner, sounding board, and motivator, who respectfully challenges them, and elicits their best ideas and contributions.
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and ICF Coach Portfolio Assessor
- Associate Faculty, Alumni Mentor and Coach Assessor in Georgetown University’s Leadership Coaching Program
- Research Committee Member for Graduate School Alliance for Education in Coaching
- Former Vice President of leading high tech retained executive search firm
- Consultant to nonprofit boards of directors, prior service in board leadership roles in nonprofits, and graduate research on board performance
- Proficient Spanish speaker
Education, Training and Certifications
- M.B.A. Organizational Development (Johns Hopkins University)
- B.A. English Literature (Mary Washington University)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Professional Certificate of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision (Oxford Brookes University)
- Certified Action Learning Coach
- Assessment Certifications:
- Leadership Circle Profile 360, DiSC, EQi 2.0 and EQ 360, Hogan, Berkman career assessment, Key Polarity Indicator (KPI), The Five Behaviors of Cohesive Team
- Adam resides in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area
Learn more about Nebo’s services.