“We spend a lot of time in our heads. I see coaching as a way to clarify what’s important and move from thoughts to action. From there, we work together to explore strategies, map options, and walk the steps toward growth and greater impact.”
As an accomplished leader in the nonprofit sector for over 25 years, Anne honed her expertise by leading diverse, mission-driven teams through challenging and transformative situations. From departmental mergers and downsizing to management changes, she demonstrated steadfast leadership, an innovative spirit, and an empathetic approach while ensuring management benchmarks were aligned with larger business objectives. Anne has an intuitive ability to lean into curiosity, creativity, and reflection to help individuals and organizations move toward transformative change.
Anne’s experience as a coach and leader has given her a front-row seat working in high-pressure, mission-driven organizations. She coached leaders across five continents and most business sectors. She applies what she has learned as a leader and practitioner to provide clients with a space to explore, challenge, and experiment. She is energized by complex situations and personalities, as they are rich with possibility and learning.
Anne’s experience as a leader in higher education makes her a natural fit to work in the education sector. She is also drawn to industries facing complex problems in the current global economy. Her global coaching experience over the past 15 years has deepened her expertise and desire to work in the social impact, energy/climate, consulting, technology, finance, compliance, and advocacy sectors.
Anne’s gentle directness helps leaders see things they can’t or do not necessarily want to see. She helps her clients see patterns and blind spots that keep them from moving forward. Clients often say they become more self-aware and intentional through working with her.
- 20+ years of coaching, facilitation, and consulting experience in a wide range of industries including pharma, health care, technology, social impact, energy, education, finance, compliance and professional services.
- 30 years in non-profit leadership roles in higher educations, foundations and associations
- Council Member for GLG
- Executive Director, Georgetown School of Foreign Service Career Center
- Associate Dean of Students, American University
Education, Training and Certifications
- M.Ed. In Counseling, University of Virginia
- BA in Economics – University of Mary Washington
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching, ITL Georgetown University
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Assessment Certifications: The Leadership Circle 360, MBTI, EQi 2.0., Hogan, Six Domains of Leadership Survey, ALLI Map Leadership Profile
- An avid walker and two-time veteran pilgrim walking the Camino de Santiago in Spain.
- Enjoys exploring antique and vintage shops, galleries, and independent bookstores for fun and relaxation.
- Whenever possible, I head down to our cottage in the country to soak up life on the Chesapeake Bay.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.