Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“I am deeply motivated by the dilation of pupils, the raise of eyebrows, and the smile that plays across the lips that tells me my client is seeing something in an entirely new way. That’s when I know the ripples of change are coming: for that leader and their team, and more broadly, their family, community, and the world.”
Bethany is an executive and leadership coach, facilitator, and lover of people, supporting individuals and organizations on their paths to greatness. Bethany gracefully partners with her clients as they face complex, ever-evolving challenges in a way that invites warmth and spaciousness. Life – and the work of coaching – can be hard, and Bethany seeks out opportunities to invite deep human connection into both coaching and facilitation: she and her clients often find themselves laughing together in the midst of their work.
As a coach, Bethany’s approach is grounded in deep listening, intuitive challenging, and the ability to see to the heart of an issue. Bethany helps clients develop clarity, discover simplicity – even in the midst of complexity and uncertainty – and feel empowered to step into change as they face challenges such as leading large teams; honing their leadership presence; shifting from tactical to leadership roles; balancing work and family; and achieving increased effectiveness and satisfaction as they align their lives and work more closely with their values.
As a facilitator, Bethany is engaging and motivating, encouraging participation, reflection, and interaction at every turn. She brings warmth to the room, and has a unique ability to balance confidence with caring candor, which results in putting people at ease, opening them up to new ways of thinking about their challenges and interacting with their colleagues. Bethany designs high-impact sessions with a keen understanding of organizational culture and context, and deep expertise in leadership and organizational development. Frequent topics include: Emotional Intelligence; Leading from Values; Communication; Feedback; Women’s Leadership; Executive Presence; and Personal Sustainability, among others.
Bethany has partnered with clients across a broad range of industries, including consulting, non-profits, law, communications/PR, healthcare, education, and professional sports.
- Nearly 2 decades of professional experience in learning and development, and facilitation
- More than a decade of partnering with clients as an executive coach
- Co-founder and Vice President, Education, of The Next Play, a career coaching initiative focused on preparing women athletes for lives and careers in leadership after sport
- Has served as an internal senior leader, managing a remote team across the US
- Designed, implemented, and facilitated leadership and executive development programs
Education, Training and Certifications
- Pursing a certification in Navigating Polarities, 2023
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- BS in Business Management (Babson College)
- Advanced training in Facilitation and Coaching Core Competencies
- Experienced with debriefing DiSC, MBTI, and Gallup StrengthsFinder reports
- Assessment certifications: Leadership Circle Profile 360
- Values spending time adventuring – especially in nature – with her husband, twin boys, and extended family and friends
- Voracious reader (some recent favorites: Inciting Joy by Ross Gay; The Overstory by Richard Powers; Holding Space: A Guide to Mindful Facilitation, by Kate Ebner and Izzy Martens; The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker; and A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara)
- Places a high value on Fun (à la Catherine Price in The Power of Fun): recent examples include swimming in cenotes and successfully executing a catch on the flying trapeze!
- Located in the Pocono Mountains of Northeast PA; a jaunt from NYC and Philadelphia
Learn more about Nebo’s services.