C. Venus Gordon
“Connection and collaboration are necessary for our success and happiness. As a coach, I support people as they navigate the complexities of identity, place, and time, removing barriers to connection and creating a more loving, peaceful world.”
Venus is a former federal government leader with more than 20 years of experience in multiple government agencies. She is also an experienced Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility (DEIA) Practitioner, helping clients articulate and implement their DEIA vision, strategy, governance, communication, and training objectives. Outside of the federal sector, she has worked with start-ups, Fortune 500 information technology and professional services firms, both domestically and internationally. Her portfolio also includes leading efforts in talent management, organizational transformation, change management, and shareholder relations.
Venus has coached changemakers worldwide. Her clients benefit from her experience building cross-organizational, cross-cultural bridges in complex, high-stakes environments. Clients rely on her to help them navigate environments requiring collaboration and communication between multi-cultural, multi-functional groups. She is adept at helping her clients find and maintain their center while experiencing both planned and unforeseen personal and professional transitions.
Venus’s clients feel valued and supported in all aspects of their identity. She helps clients to deploy their known strengths and skills and discover previously untapped strengths to grow as leaders and actualize as humans. Finally, as they embrace their fully actualized selves, her clients become both more mindful and less burdened, ready for new opportunities and challenges.
- 20+ years of experience in federal government and corporations as a coworker, manager, and senior leader
- Possess global cultural consciousness and competency having worked in Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America
- Experienced DEIA and Human Capital Professional
- 10+ years coaching in the private and public sectors
Education, Training and Certifications
- MS in Strategic Intelligence Studies (National Intelligence University)
- BS in Organizational Management (Washington Adventist University)
- International Coaching Federation Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace (USF MUMA)
- Professional Scrum Master I (SCRUM.org)
- Assessment certifications: MBTI; VIA Character Strengths; Gallup StrengthsFinder, DEIA Maturity Modeling
- Enjoys walking with her husband and feisty, little dog
- Passionate about long conversations with her daughter who is away at college
- Aspiring Orchardist attempting to grow miniature cherry and pear trees
Learn more about Nebo’s services.