Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“I challenge leaders to redefine what success looks like. What emerges from this can be transformational.”
Cathy Carroll brings first-hand knowledge of the complexity that comes with senior leadership to her coaching. After a 20-year corporate career in the technology and airline sectors, Cathy led her family’s manufacturing business, a $20M, 200-person holding company with five businesses that manufacture equipment for the rodeo and western equine industries.
As a coach, Cathy specializes in helping family-business leaders navigate unique tensions born from the family norms and business norms that are often in conflict. Her sweet spot is enhancing the leadership effectiveness of rising generation leaders as well as helping senior generation leaders navigate the emotional complexities of both ownership and leadership succession.
Described by her clients as both sophisticated and practical, Cathy partners with leaders to identify their comfort zones, then supports her clients to operate effectively outside of the familiar. She challenges what leaders hold as truths and encourages her clients to seek a broader perspective.
Equally comfortable in flats in the boardroom, heels on the Chicago Steppin dancefloor, and cowboy boots in the rodeo arena, Cathy relishes humanity in all its rich and diverse forms.
- Former Corporate Executive at Sabre Inc. and United Airlines
- Served as COO of $20M, 200-employee manufacturing company with five divisions
- Current advisory board member for Purposeful Planning Institute and ETP
- Seasoned in coaching leaders in family businesses, business owners, entrepreneurs and leaders in professional services
- Co-Founder and Treasurer of non-profit A Leg to Stand On
- Past Co-President of Georgetown’s ITL Network
Education, Training and Certifications
- B.A. in Organizational Behavior and Finance (University of Chicago, Booth School of Business)
- A. in Mathematics and French (Boston College)
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Certificate in Executive Facilitation (Georgetown University)
- Assessment Certifications: Enneagram, Hogan, The Leadership Circle Instruments/ LCP 360, TetraMap (similar to DiSC), Leadership Versatility Index (similar to KPI)
- Cathy spends her free time on the dance floor! A former instructor, her favorite partner dancing is West Coast Swing and Hustle, and she’ll never turn down a chance to Salsa.
- An avid traveler, Cathy hiked many trails around the world during her tenure in the airline industry.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.