“I help leaders leverage greater impact by creating deeper connections through more vulnerable leadership, and I challenge them to step beyond their comfort zones.”
Christopher has spent more than 25 years in leadership development, starting with his time as an Infantry Officer in the U.S. Marine Corps. He has worked in Learning & Development in the government/public sector, healthcare, and banking industries, and has worked with leaders across many more industries. This experience has helped clients to communicate more effectively with leaders at all levels and he empowers his clients to expand their leadership impact and influence. Using his experience of leading in combat, Christopher helps leaders slow down and make sense of the chaos around them, intentionally prioritizing with precision focus what matters most so they will make informed decisions in the face of uncertainty. Christopher uses a strengths-based approach, building upon what an individual already does well to generate improvements in other areas of development.
Christopher is on a quest to destigmatize the word vulnerability for men in general, particularly for men in leadership positions. From his own experiences and by closely observing and working with many different male leaders, Christopher has learned that tapping into and demonstrating greater vulnerability or capacity for compassion creates trust, and trust is the key ingredient to create sustainable change and impact. He also knows that the process of “becoming real” can create intense discomfort and he masterfully guides leaders through the process of becoming and being oneself with a fuller spectrum of self- and other awareness. Similar principles apply for many female leaders breaking into still male-dominated fields. Christopher’s mission is to support leaders in achieving their full potential and live into their own leadership style and strengths in the midst of a constantly evolving business environment.
Christopher also has extensive experience working with senior leadership teams to develop and maintain a generationally and culturally diverse workforce through more inclusive leadership and management practices.
A client once described Christopher as a cross between Professor Dumbledore and Rambo in that he elicits deep learning, and sometimes gives his clients just the right kick in the backside to take meaningful action.
- 10 years of experience in organizations as a coworker, manager, and senior leader
- Faculty member delivering coach training for the Co-Active Training Institute (CTI) and ACT Leadership.
- Author of “The Whole Man: Evolving Masculinity” and host of The Vulnerable Man podcast.
- Nine years as a Marine officer, including a combat tour in Iraq.
- Has developed and led leadership and executive development programs across a variety of industries, in particular around inclusive leadership and communication.
Education, Certifications and Training
- Master’s of Arts in Organizational Leadership (Brandman/Chapman University)
- MBA (University of Phoenix)
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC)
- International Coaching Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Assessment Certifications: Leadership Circle Profile Certified Practitioner, MBTI Certified Practitioner
- Avid motorcyclist and mountain biker
- Enjoy spending time with his teenage daughter
Learn more about Nebo’s services.