“How do I know what I think until I hear what I say?” – Francis Crick
This quote by Francis Crick summarizes what Clark believes to be at the heart of his coaching – having a trusted partner who helps co-create the environment in which his clients can openly express themselves and make meaning from what they say and hear to initiate personal and professional transformation. Clark coaches with deep curiosity, powerful questions, and a highly relational orientation that makes his clients feel heard and safe. Clark notices the subtleties of a coaching conversation and reflects those back to his clients to create insight and action. He also likes to invite his clients to explore possibilities by using visualization, music, the arts, and writing to help them fully appreciate their human potential.
Clark also understands that many of his clients want and need to take quick action that will lead to defined outcomes. As a former Army Officer, and someone who has served in a variety of other organizational leadership roles, Clark recognizes the pressures that require action to generate results. So, whether it’s a desire for immediate action or a need for an extended exploration of his clients’ wants, needs, goals and experiences, Clark has the capability to ensure his clients can ultimately lead themselves and their organizations in ways that best align with their values and who they want to be as leaders.
Clark has deep experience working with clients who are in transition, needing to be more strategic in their roles, struggling with setting priorities, wrestling with how to “let go” and develop others, and clients who need support focusing on their own wellness and a desire to experience more joy in their lives. In working with his clients, Clark likes to take their issues seriously while welcoming the opportunity to laugh and be in relationship to maintain a healthy, balanced perspective. He enjoys speaking directly, with no hidden agendas, and can be counted on to retain his objectivity.
- Leadership developer, leadership coach, and values-based leader with over twenty-five years of global leadership leading organizations from 16 to 500 members.
- 15 years in the coaching industry with over 4000 hours of coaching experienced leaders at all levels in Fortune 500 companies and Senior Executive Service (SES) leaders in the Federal Government.
- Significant and varied experience in consulting, financial services, military, academia, and government.
- Led a 70-member project team, with P&L responsibilities, to create the leadership development and coaching Community of Practice
- Served as Battalion Commander with executive level budgetary, marketing, recruiting, retention, training, and performance responsibilities at eight colleges and universities.
- Career Army Officer with experience in Europe, the Middle East, and multiple US locations.
Education, Training and Certifications
- EdD, Human and Organizational Learning, George Washington University
- MS, Human Resource Management, Marquette University
- MBA, Strategic Leadership, Indiana University
- BS, Business Administration, The Ohio State University
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) – International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Leadership Coaching Certification – Georgetown University
- Accredited Diploma in Coach Supervision – Coaching Supervision Academy (CSA)
- National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) – The College of Executive Coaching
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) Marker Assessor Certification – International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Team Coaching Certification – Global Team Coaching Institute (GTCI)
- Assessment Certifications: Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) 360° Assessment Certification, The Leadership Circle 360° Profile Certification, Saville Wave Professional Certification, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Certification, The Next Level Leadership Assessment, The Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI), Hogan Assessments (HPI, HDS, MPVI), Saville Wave and Leadership Impact Assessment Certification, The Energy Project – Four Dimensions of Energy Certification
- I am first and foremost a father of two terrific kids who, along with my loving relationship with my partner, make up the most important parts of his life.
- No better way to start the day than with a good swim, followed by reading, building meaningful relationships throughout the day, capped off by some reflection, documentary/sports watching, listening to music, or spending time in nature.
- Currently live in Columbus, Ohio but am a Floridian at heart having grown up and met my partner in Orlando.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.