“I am driven by a deep belief in lifelong learning and growth, a humble curiosity, and a passion for helping people discover and pursue what is possible.”
Deb is an executive leadership coach supporting growth-minded professionals so that they can navigate change with greater clarity, confidence, and impact. She helps her clients develop their leadership capacity to inspire, align, and serve teams – and deliver breakthrough results – amid change and uncertainty.
Deb’s work as a coach has been informed by her experience as an executive at National Geographic and The Walt Disney Company, where she spent more than 15 years establishing innovative and transformative travel programs for curious people. During her tenure at National Geographic, she held leadership positions in program management and business development, and successfully led teams through considerable organizational change brought about by two major corporate acquisitions.
Deb’s coaching process draws on three key areas of expertise: her leadership experience working in complex organizational systems; an ability to develop resonant relationships with growth-minded leaders, and a commitment to the core coaching competencies: deep listening, powerful inquiry, and facilitating goal setting and the designing of action plans. Through direct, honest, and purposeful conversations, Deb supports and challenges her clients to cultivate new insights; elevate their unique strengths; and implement a plan to achieve their ambitions.
Deb’s clients gain an inquisitive and empathetic thought partner to support them in clarifying and pursuing their most important goals, as well as lifelong tools and strategies for sustained growth and development.
- 15 years of experience in for profit and non-profit organizations as a coworker, manager, and senior leader
- Successfully led teams through two major corporate acquisitions
- An industry leader in the creation of innovative and impactful travel programs and partnerships
- Experience living and working outside of the U.S., including managing international, multicultural teams
- Proven track-record coaching leaders across a variety of levels, industries, and companies – from individual contributors to C-suite executives and from Fortune 500 companies to global non-profit organizations
- Passionate about designing and facilitating in-person retreats and workshops to provide leaders with transformative experiences that serve as catalysts for personal and professional growth
Education, Certifications and Assessments
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies and Anthropology (Colby College)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- ICF Certified Coach (PCC)
- Leadership Development Program Certificate (Center for Creative Leadership)
- Assessments: Leadership Circle Profile 360
- Based in Washington, D.C. with her husband and two young sons
- Spends her free time swimming early in the morning, hiking in the woods, and playing music with her family.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.