“Coaching creates a moment where a leader sees, embraces or reveals a part of themselves that they may have hidden or didn’t know was there but have been waiting to find.”
Debra Casalino is passionate about working with leaders who are committed to their own development. Having coached leaders from across the United States and ex-patriots living/working abroad, she has developed an approach to coaching that helps leaders achieve the outcomes they want in their work, make successful transitions into new roles, and expand their capacity to learn and self-correct. As a coach, Debra blends and applies her extensive experience as a leader in the financial services industry, as a management consultant, and as a human resources executive with her knowledge of leadership and human development.
Debra’s clients describe her as insightful, direct, focused, patient, and supportive. She takes time to understand the unique issues and challenges faced by each leader, and appreciate the client’s strengths, development opportunities and personal narratives. In addition to her work in private practice, she has served on the coaching cadre for several best-in-class leadership development programs, including as a coach for Management Leadership for Tomorrow’s Career Advancement Program – a program aimed at supporting under-represented leaders of color as they ascend to positions of organizational leadership and power.
Debra helps clients to bring their authentic selves to their leadership by focusing on emotional intelligence, leadership presence, authenticity, communication, and career management. Debra draws on her strong partnership with her clients to hold them accountable to their growth and development goals.
- 17 years of experience coaching leaders across industries, including technology, financial services, consumer goods, retail, pharmaceuticals, government agencies and associations, professional services, and non-profit enterprises
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with over 5000 coaching hours logged
- Prior to coaching, spent 15 years in the banking and financial services industry in positions of increasing responsibility, including: Organizational Management Consultant (KPMG); Internal Operations Consultant, Group Head Commercial Real Estate Administration, and Vice President of Human Resources (Shawmut Bank – now Bank of America).
- Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Institute for Transformational Leadership, Georgetown University)
- Master of Science in Management (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
- Master of Arts in Organizational Psychology (Columbia University)
- Certified to interpret/provide several assessments: Hogan, MBTI, Leadership Circle Profile, and MAP (Maturity Assessment Profile).
- Debra is an explorer and loves to discover, whether it’s new places in familiar locations or first time experiences, she is happy when out in the world interacting with people, nature, and the beauty in our environment.
- Debra lives in both Richmond, VA and Washington, DC., and spends as much time as possible on the seacoast of Maine with her husband and family.