Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“Heightened levels of complexity and turbulence in organizational environments and in the world require adaptive leadership competencies and increased capacities for ambiguity. Far beyond skill development, this requires astute self- and other awareness as a path toward transformational change.”
As a behavioral scientist, Emily thinks of the coaching journey as a guided field study in which she and her client mine for and gather data for insight-generating discoveries. The objective of the field study is to experiment with new ways of thinking, doing, and being that better serve the leader and the organization. Results include improved leadership performance, tapping into unrealized potential, and a noticeably higher satisfaction in work and life. Walking alongside a leader on this journey, providing opportunities for courageous reflection, offering incisive observations, actionable feedback, and empathy are a privilege Emily does not take lightly, even after over a decade of coaching.
Emily first experienced coaching as a rising leader early in her career. Unwittingly blocking her own strengths and unique talents and facing challenging feedback at the time, Emily was initially resistant to the idea of working with a coach. But it didn’t take long for her to see coaching as a gift and welcome investment into her professional development, and she leaned into the emerging transformation.
Emily has held several executive roles in large professional services firms with internal and client-facing responsibilities. Her familiarity with ever-shifting, political and economic realities of corporate environments allows her to quickly zero in on apparent and invisible pain points and to accelerate progress and expand her coaching clients’ ability to see new possibilities.
Now a Master Certified Coach, Emily is a sought-after thought partner for key leaders at mid- and top levels in diverse organizations, who realize that to achieve higher levels of performance and engagement they need to find new ways to lead themselves and others effectively. She is a proven turnaround catalyst for clients, who may be stuck in outdated leadership models, who need to adapt to changing environments and lead change, and who know that they can achieve much more than the status quo but need support to get to that next level. By identifying root causes and addressing issues head-on, Emily also supports leaders and their teams in overcoming interpersonal obstacles, increase trust, and dramatically improve performance and engagement.
Emily’s clients describe her as intelligent, incisive, funny, insightful, and results oriented.
- Master Certified Coach (MCC) through the International Coach Federation
- Previous executive roles with Accenture and Booz Allen Hamilton focused on human capital and organizational learning
- Client-facing consultant and coach to companies including Cigna, University Health System, PhRMA, General Dynamics, Unisys, Cisco, the United States Postal Service; and multiple start-ups
- Lead an organization specialized in supporting military transitions to civilian workforce
Education, Training and Certifications
- Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Science (Johns Hopkins University)
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, (Kenyon College)
- Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Assessment Certifications: Leadership Circle Profile, Hogan, Korn Ferry 360, EQ In Action Profile, Team Management Profile, and MBTI
- For many years, Emily’s passion project has been supporting military officers in the successful transition to business leadership roles.
- Loves dogs, music, traveling abroad and coming back home!
Learn more about Nebo’s services.