Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“Self-awareness is a powerful lever for creating choice in our lives. As a coach, I help clients move from awareness to action and greater impact personally and professionally. The most rewarding moments for me are when clients see how they block their own light, throw open the blinds, step forward and shine.”
As a behavioral scientist, Emily thinks of the coaching journey as a guided field study in which she and her client gather and mine data for discoveries. The objective of the field study is to experiment with new ways of thinking, doing, and being that better serve the client. Results include higher performance, engagement, and satisfaction in work and life. Walking alongside one on this journey, bearing witness, offering actionable feedback, incisive observations, and empathy are a privilege Emily does not take lightly, even after over a decade of coaching. Emily’s first experience to coaching was early in her career, as a client herself. Unwittingly blocking her own light at the time, Emily was resistant to the idea. But it didn’t take long for her to see coaching for the gift that it was and lean into the transformation to come.
Now a Master Certified Coach, Emily works with leaders at all levels, across industries and sectors, to achieve higher levels of performance and satisfaction. She is also a proven turnaround specialist, having spent her early years coaching seasoned military officers to cross the cultural gap and succeed as leaders in business. A tangible outcome of Emily’s thought leadership in this space is a book, “Field Tested: Recruiting, Managing & Retaining Veterans” (AMACOM 2012).
Emily’s clients describe her as smart, funny, insightful, and results oriented.
- Master Certified Coach (MCC) through the International Coach Federation
- Previous executive roles with Accenture and Booz Allen Hamilton
- Client-facing consultant and coach to companies including Cigna, University Health System, PhRMA, General Dynamics, Unisys, Cisco, the United States Postal Service; and multiple start-ups
Education, Training and Certifications
- Master of Science in Applied Behavioral Science (Johns Hopkins University)
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (Kenyon College)
- Assessments: Leadership Circle Profile, Hogan, Korn Ferry 360, EQ In Action Profile, Team Management Profile, MBTI
- For many years, Emily’s passion project has been supporting military officers in the successful transition to business leadership roles.
- Loves dogs, music, traveling abroad and coming back home!
Learn more about Nebo’s services.