“I see a diverse and inclusive environment as key to retaining talent, unleashing innovation and increasing employee engagement and connection. I am excited to partner with clients in achieving their desired outcomes.”
Janese leverages over 30 years of experience in human resources and more than 15 years of experience in diversity and inclusion to help her clients meet their diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) goals. Janese’s clients know her as a valued thought partner, coach and advisor with a focus on results. A thought leader in the field, she has been quoted in top publications, including the Wall Street Journal and Fortune, was recognized by Black Enterprise Magazine as one of the Top Executives in Corporate Diversity and has been a presenter and panelist at various professional conferences.
Janese meets her clients where they are without judgement. She brings a balance of backbone and heart when working with leaders on DEI strategy development and implementation that will have a sustainable impact. She is also highly skilled in delivering interactive education and training sessions and facilitating small group dialogue to surface and address challenging issues.
Prior to becoming a coach and facilitator, Janese led a team in partnering with business leaders, HR teams, and employee resource groups to increase the diversity of the workforce and create an inclusive environment at Exelon Corporation, a Fortune 100 company. In this role, Janese was successful in engaging corporate leadership in the work necessary to drive meaningful change. Under her leadership, Exelon was recognized as one of the DiversityInc Top 50 companies for diversity and inclusion three years in a row.
- Over 30 years of experience working as a Human Resources leader and consultant, with over 15 years focusing specifically on DEI issues
- Served as Vice President of Diversity and Inclusion for Exelon Corporation, a Fortune 100 energy company located in Chicago, IL
- Consults with clients such as Choice Hotels Incorporated, Legg Mason, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Maryland and Visit Baltimore
- Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication (Morgan State University)
- Certified as an administrator for the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI©), which is the premier assessment for developing cultural competence skills
- Janese lives in Baltimore, MD with her husband.
- She enjoys playing golf and spending time with her granddaughter.