Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“We are at a crux in our country where people need more than just skills to lead well. We need leaders who can see much more than what is right in front of them, who can see even beyond their organization to the industry, the state, the nation and even the world. As a coach, it is rewarding to see people blossom developmentally and gain a more integrated, holistic view.”
Jim Svagerko has been a leader in many settings. His experiences with a variety of industries such as Healthcare, higher education, science and technology, accounting, law, banking, and international organizations, allows him to step into any situation and understand the organizational environment. His vast experience with international leaders in many industries allows him to adapt fluidly to cultural preferences. Leaders with different cultural backgrounds feel seen and understood. Jim has extensive experience working with LGBTQ+ leaders and their teams.
Jim especially enjoys coaching leaders who are “curious about themselves and other, who are willing to take on new perspectives and explore new information, and are willing to try new approaches as we explore them together.” Jim has spent a lot of time over the years discovering what is most important to him, and he appreciates when a client wonders “what to do next.” He enjoys helping people find their purpose and passion.
In addition to coaching, Jim is passionate about his work in the field of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Jim teaches many aspects of DEI at various universities, and works with diverse clients helping them develop their own understanding of this topic.
Jim is frequently called upon to help organizations, departments and companies to assess their culture and to help these entities move toward the culture that would be best for their success.
- Over 1000 hours of coaching with clients across many industries with varied backgrounds
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC), National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC)
- Adjunct professor at Georgetown University, Ohio University, and Franklin University
- Has 30+ years of experience working as a leader in healthcare, private practice and higher education
- Prior to coaching, held various leadership and management positions at the University of Virginia, OhioHealth, Inc., and The Ohio State University
Education, Certifications and Training
- Master in Communications (The Ohio State University)
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications (The Ohio State University)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Health and Wellness Coaching Certificate (Georgetown University)
- Certified Innovative Leadership Facilitator for Classroom/ Team Facilitation (Innovative Leadership Institute)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace Certificate
- 5DEEP Adult Development Assessment, DISC Certification, Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQi 2.0), Everything DiSC (Wiley), Korn Ferry 360, MBTI, The Leadership Circle Instruments/ LCP 360, OCAI Cultural Assessment
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends, and loves learning new languages
Learn more about Nebo’s services.