“Known for my compassionate, flexible, and creative style, I empower my clients to develop a sense of curiosity on a journey of self-discovery and transformation that encompasses the body, mind and heart. My personal mission is to humanize the workplace and to create the conditions for more self-awareness, interconnectedness, and compassion.”
With two decades of experience working across industries and countries, Joy helps leaders step into their authentic selves and guides them to more flow and impactful results. She enjoys working with her clients to gain more self-awareness and self-acceptance and therefore greater self-confidence and leadership presence. Coaching topics include: burnout, imposter syndrome, stress management, executive presence, difficult conversations, conflict resolution, resilience, boundaries, and self-compassion.
Joy’s coaching methodologies are based on the whole-person approach using mindfulness, neuroscience, art, nature and embodied practices. She brings a thoughtful and creative approach to her coaching sessions. Those whom Joy has coached report a heightened sense of presence, authenticity, clarity, resilience and connectedness. They appreciate her ability to get to the heart of the matter while creating psychological safety.
- Since 2003, Joy has worked with global leaders from a wide variety of sectors including government, non-profit, IT, manufacturing, consulting, financial services, and consumer products.
- Champion of women leaders, serving as a Facilitator for the Women in Management Group program at Stanford University and a Founding Guide for Senior Women Executives at Chief, a private network designed for women leaders
- Joy teaches and coaches business executives at Stanford University and is a Leadership Team Coach at the University of Berkeley for MBA students and alumni
- Recognized as the Community Liaison Officer of the Year by Secretary Colin Powell, for her service and contributions made over 6 months of coaching 350 individuals through a major evacuation at the U.S. Embassy in Indonesia
Education, Training and Certifications
- MBA (Pittsburg State University)
- Professional Coaching Certification, New Ventures West
- ICF Master Certified Coach (MCC)
- Certified Leadership Embodiment Coach, Leadership Embodiment
- Graduate of the School of Embodied Leadership program
- Trained in facilitating groups: Next Stage Facilitation with Ten Directions, Coaching Circles® with Charles Brassard
- Trained in nonviolent communication (NVC) at the NVC Academy
- Certified facilitator in expressive arts and ecotherapy
- Assessment certifications: Harrison Assessments, MBTI, DISC, Enneagram, Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Born in Taiping (which means Big Peace), Malaysia
- Currently lives in the heart of Oakland, near the nation’s oldest wildlife refuge
- What nourishes Joy is her daily mindfulness practice, being out in nature and drawing mandalas
Learn more about Nebo’s services.