“The transformation of the world often starts with the transformation of self. How do we work on it? I love the ways in which big powerful insights can quickly become very granular, specific and actionable.”
As a coach, Kirsten Olson is interested in leaders who have a powerful transformational vision with broad social implications. In times that require moral and social vision, she is called to help others align with a more just vision for the world. To Kirsten, the coach’s job is to help individuals and teams get in touch with their own competence, agency and brilliance. Kirsten enjoys working with leaders who have just been promoted to the “uh oh!” level when they realize that what has made them successful in the past is no longer adequate. She is committed to helping leaders, teams and organizations give birth to a new, more capable way of operating and sees her work as “midwifing that into being.”
Kirsten has spent many years learning about how big change happens. As one who has done her own deep work, she is comfortable working deeply with clients as they engage the inner work that enables alignment and capability to achieve their big vision.
- 12 years of experience in the field of coaching
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Author of many works on leadership for Educational Leadership, Education Week, Teacher Magazine, Rethinking Schools, and Partisan Review
- Co-Author of The Mindful School Leader: Practices to Transform Your Leadership and School
- Founding Board Member of IDEA (Institute for Democratic Education in America)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Master and Doctorate in Social Policy (Harvard University)
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature (Vassar College)
- Finds inner centeredness in nature and has a deep love for Cape Cod
Learn more about Nebo’s services.