“Courage is at the root of change and change is what we are designed for. The key is to see the change you want to create. We cannot change what we cannot see.”
Libby’s approach to coaching is to create a partnership with unconditional positive regard, that supports a safe and trusted space where growth, learning, and transformation are possible. She supports her clients to clarify their thoughts and feelings with the intent to clarify their decisions and actions. A coaching conversation is an opportunity to step back, reflect, develop 360 awareness, to recognize strengths and blind spots, to explore what’s possible. Clients move forward by trying on new behaviors, stepping out of habits that no longer serve them well. By developing leadership excellence, her clients navigate challenges and opportunities with greater agility and integrity – be it work, life, relationships.
Libby loves working with clients from around the world in diverse, multi-cultural environments, having lived and worked in global settings herself. Inspired by leaders who want to be their best, bring compassion to the workplace, and bring out the best in others. This takes cultivating one’s own core strengths and the collective strengths of the team, resulting in fulfillment, increased productivity, and higher performance. Favorite quotes from her clients: “I not only am a better leader, I’m a better human being.”; “I’m walking a little taller now.”
Focus areas are leadership development and career transition, which often go hand-in-hand. Clients learn to increase their leadership capacity which may address building confidence, managing conflict, courageous conversations, leading change, managing stress, effective delegation, team engagement. The most successful clients are committed to personal and professional growth. It often takes the willingness to say “I don’t know,” to be vulnerable, to understand that what it takes to advance in an organization may be different than what has made someone successful so far… “what got you here, won’t get you there.”
- Professional coach since 2010, coaching in private industry, Fed Govt & UN agencies
- 25+ years in leadership positions in Fortune 100 organizations
- Firsthand understanding of the constantly changing demands of the workplace and what it takes to lead, building trust first, resilience, political savvy, effective communications, creative problem-solving.
- Executive Career Coach – Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business
- Adjunct Faculty – Institute for Transformational Leadership, Georgetown University
- Assessor for coaching certification – ICF, ITL, UTD
Education, Training Certifications
- MBA – The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- BS – Kelley School of Business, Indiana University
- CCUCG – Certified graduate of the Advanced Corporate Coach University
- International Coach Federation Master Certified Coach (MCC)
- BCC – Board Certified Coach – CCE-Global
- ICF Global Service Award 2011, 2012
- Assessment certifications and Advanced Training: Leadership Circle 360, DISC, ESCI (Emotional & Social Competency Inventory), DEI&B, Certified Personal Brand Strategist, Enneagram, Adult Development, Immunity to Change, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Inspired and energized through fitness from the inside out – meditation, yoga, spinning, hiking – all kinds of exercise.
- A lifelong learner of the human condition; topics such as neuroscience, adult learning and development, mindfulness practices, and somatics – also known as embodied self-awareness.
- Fascinated by the Enneagram as a path to personal growth/freedom.
- Fortunate to have lived abroad and travel to many parts of the world which allows a broader perspective and appreciation for different cultures, food, and people.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.