Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“Focus on what matters to you and where you want to go, rather than what you are trying to move away from. Decisions are easier when you know what you value.”
Marilou Bova has been coaching people since she could talk. A born listener, she is someone people seek when they want to talk through something. Offering a different perspective is an innate part of who Marilou is. She believes in the unique gifts and purpose of each individual — and can often see it in them before they can. Marilou helps people remember and connect with their gifts and then express them to the world. She enjoys working with influential leaders and often coaches on topics such as how to be authentic, how to communicate more effectively and how to bring about the results that are most important.
Many of her clients are grappling with communications breakdowns or are working to align their presence and impact with their values, priorities and strengths. Marilou coaches people to get in touch with who they really are by working from strengths and values. She is known for both “going deep” with her clients and for her creativity and humor. Her clients describe her as “direct, honest, caring and compassionate,” yet they also comment that Marilou is “very practical, clear and results-oriented.”
- Over 20 years of experience in the field of coaching
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Executive leadership coach, facilitator and retreat leader
- Faculty member for Georgetown University’s Leadership Coaching Program and American University’s Key Executive Leadership Programs
- Experienced entrepreneur
- Creator of Learn to Fly: Realizing Your Potential, a transformational self-empowerment program adapted for NASA
- Apprenticed with leaders in the fields of consciousness work and body-mind sciences
- Prior to coaching, Marilou held management positions with non-profit organizations including the American Red Cross and the American Cancer Society
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (Coach Training Institute)
- Certified Somatic Coach (Strozzi Institute)
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services (State University of New York College at Plattsburgh)
- Having grown up in the Adirondacks, Marilou has a love for spending time in nature. She often weaves the lessons she’s learned from nature into her work.
- Enjoys international travel and both attending and facilitating retreats
- Spending time with her grand nieces gives her great joy and keeps her young
Learn more about Nebo’s services.