Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“My fundamental goal as a coach has always been to support individuals as they define and actualize their professional/personal purpose, acknowledging that individual change often depends on vulnerability and courage and an element of practicality.”
As an executive coach, Mimi Darmstadter leverages her 25 years of experience in Human Resources, emphasizing the critical role that leaders play in talent selection, performance, development and engagement. Her professional expertise spans non-profit, government, and corporate environments. Recognizing that we spend much of our lifetime as “at the office,” Mimi is also passionate about supporting leaders as they integrate their professional and personal lives. To that end, Mimi supports seasoned and rising leaders in applying their unique experiences to self-defined opportunities for sustainable and gratifying growth and development.
At the core of all of Mimi’s coaching work is the acknowledgment that being vulnerable and taking calculated risks are central to individual transformation. Mimi works with leaders to build resilience by expanding their tactical, emotional, behavioral, and mental capacity. She is passionate about work around emotional intelligence, interpersonal communication and well-being.
Mimi’s clients have found great value in exploring and crafting their leadership narratives for authentic relationship forming and team building. Especially seasoned leaders and leaders in new positions appreciate Mimi’s pragmatic, yet warm, approach to create both change momentum and impact through storytelling and effective communication.
- Former Senior Manager of Learning and Performance at Covance Inc. where she was responsible for designing and executing global leadership and workforce development programs for more than a decade
- One of 1200 individuals globally who is certified to deliver Brené Brown’s Dare to Lead curriculum
- Seasoned instructional designer and facilitator on programs related to leadership development, employee lifecycle issues, communication skills, emotional intelligence, team building and stress management
- Regular consumer of continuing coaching education experiences and topics (e.g. growth edge coaching, conversational intelligence, poetry as a coaching move, polarities)
Education, Training and Certifications
- M.A. in Social Work (University of Chicago)
- Dual B.A. in Psychology/Creative Writing and Literature (University of Michigan)
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Narrative Intelligence Practitioner
- Ken Blanchard’s Situational Leadership Model (SLII®)
- Assessments:Emotional and Social Competency Inventory (ESCI), The Leadership Circle (TLC), Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0), Professional Skills, Values, and Story Survey (SVSS), DiSC, Thomas Kilmann Conflict Inventory (TKI)
- Deep interest in creative writing and photography, mountain trekking (most recently two weeks in Patagonia)
- Daily yoga practitioner
- A creative – fiction writing, amateur photography, cooking, and an enthusiast of interior design
- Lover of vibrant colors and nature
- Mom of two boys, stepmother of three boys, adopted mother of one boy (four legged)
Learn more about Nebo’s services.