Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“I most enjoy working with leaders and teams who are willing to reflect on their current behaviors, ways of working, and ways of thinking, and who are open to exploring something new.”
As a seasoned executive and team coach, Nancy offers a holistic and systems-integrating lens for looking at the realities of leading through complexity. She has a proven talent for quickly recognizing and naming dynamics that create tension within individuals, teams, or inside of organizations and she partners with leaders to explore the roots of seemingly opposing forces, how the leaders may be contributing to the dynamic and how they can redirect energies within themselves and their teams.
Nancy’s deep sensitivity to the interrelationships of individuals, teams, and the broader ecosystem enables her to be a valuable thought partner for executives who are leading complex new initiatives or who need to step into new roles or new ways of leading. Her coaching approach helps leaders to make sense of conflicting interests and ideas and to develop a new way of looking at available options with an expanded view. When appropriate, Nancy reaches into her rich library of resources to support specific leadership development and team development objectives, always with the intention to go deeper than solving situational problems.
She values partnering with clients who are ready to discover new ways of thinking, doing, and being in order to step into their highest potential and experience greater fulfillment in their lives. With more than 25 years of work experience, Nancy readily connects to the challenges leaders and teams face in today’s fast moving and uncertain work environment. When coaching, Nancy masterfully blends her natural sensitivity and compassion with candor and accountability as a coach.
Clients who work with Nancy report gaining new perspectives, learning new skills, and developing new ways to lead, team, and be. They appreciate the opportunity for deep reflection, exploring patterns, and generating effective and inspiring paths forward with a deeply caring coach.
- More than 25 years in international development and public health, including work in 20+ countries and long-term residence in Japan and Kenya
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach
- Team coach, supporting senior-level and executive teams
- Experienced and skilled facilitator and trainer
- Curriculum Design Lead and Faculty Member: Corentus Team Coaching Intensive Program; Essentials of Teaming course
- Industries: Pharmacy/biotech, health care, public health, manufacturing, education, consulting, research, marketing, international development
- Previously, Nancy worked at John Snow Incorporated (JSI) and then took on leadership roles at AED (now FHI360), and Abt Associates where she managed client relationships, developed strategy, secured and managed multi-million-dollar projects, and led and developed multiple teams.
Education, Training and Certifications
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Certificate in Team Coaching (Corentus)
- Coaching Supervision Diploma (in process through March 2023) (Coaching Supervision Academy)
- Dr.PH and MPH in Maternal and Child Health (Johns Hopkins University)
- BA in Psychology/Sociology and Theater (Wesleyan University)
- Assessment certifications: Leadership Circle Profile 360; Team Management Systems (TMS) Profile; Hogan Assessments (expected July 2022)
- Nancy lives in Maryland with her husband, daughter, and dog.
- She enjoys long walks with friends, cooking for (and eating with) her family, watching her daughter play soccer, and the after-effects of running, HIIT, and strength training.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.