“What a leader says and does matters and impacts the entire organization.”
As an engineer, Bob had always been interested in how things work and how they work together within the overall system. That curiosity and understanding helped him succeed during his time as a senior executive where his focus was people, communication, and coaching. He supports success through coaching by being a sounding board and providing a safe space for leaders to think through and sort out difficult challenges in a way that is true to them.
Bob brings an extensive senior executive and management background to his coaching. With 18 years in the federal senior executive service (SES), and a total of over 30 years in operations management, he understands the challenges faced by leaders at all levels. This leadership experience coupled with expertise in coaching, has helped him successfully coach executives enabling them to get the results they were seeking. Bob masterfully integrates creativity and structure, process orientation and systems thinking while paying close attention to the whole person and their needs.
Many of Bob’s clients seek out his coaching to work on their executive presence, communication, or to help them build coalitions with their executive peer team. His collaborative approach generates a better understanding of how to apply their strengths and see challenges from other perspectives. This leads to discovering and adopting solutions that work with their natural gifts and style.
Clients indicate that when working with Bob they feel heard, understood, and comfortable exploring their pressing professional challenges in a new light. This results in clients gaining clarity, their leadership voice, techniques, and a renewed confidence to navigate their organization’s system.
- 18 years of experience as a Senior Executive (SES) at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) including over 10 years coaching and managing other senior executives
- 30 years of experience in operations management
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Coaching leaders on a wide variety of topics such as executive presence, coalition building, communication, change management, increasing awareness, and managing stress. I rely on neuroscience principles in coaching to facilitate change.
- Executive Sponsor for United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Leadership Coaching Program
- Executive Certification in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- B.S. in Industrial Engineering and Management Systems (Penn State University)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (Syracuse University Maxwell School)
- International Coaching Federation Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Assessment Certifications: Leadership Circle Profile Assessment; Hogan Assessment
- Bob loves all sports and likes to read mystery novels. He plays tennis, pickleball, and softball. He lives in Northern Virginia.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.