Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“Through my work and everything I do, I aim to bring forth positive change in the world.”
Sheryl D. Phillips, a leadership consultant and executive coach, has partnered with leaders for over 25 years to create more effective and forward-thinking organizations. She works at the individual, team and system level providing executive coaching, leadership development, organizational development and strategic and business planning. While each coaching engagement presents unique focus areas particular to the client, Sheryl finds recurring themes for her clients to be creating time to reflect on and plan for larger issues and strategy; working with the increasing complexity of their environments; developing a more effective “leadership presence;” managing the vastly different employees they supervise; influencing up, down and across the organization; and rediscovering core skills of effective conversation and coordination.
One strong area of focus for Sheryl is Mindfulness and Leadership. She approaches this topic in an applied way, helping leaders understand what it means to be fully present, what the science says about why this matters for performance and success, and how to adopt both practical routines and real-time techniques to take reflective action as a leader. Sheryl’s coaching style has been described as insightful, a blend of persistent and patient, challenging and supportive. She is known for her good humor, easy manner, southern charm and solid sensibilities.
- Esteemed faculty of the internationally acclaimed Georgetown University’s Leadership Coaching Program (2001-2021)
- Co-director for the Executive Certificate for Transformational Leadership
- Over 10 years of experience as a Senior Human Resources Executive in a large organization
- 20 years as Executive Coach and Leadership Development practitioner, working with 100s of organizations and clients in the corporate, non-profit and public sectors in the U.S. and internationally
- Master’s degree from the College of William and Mary
- Bachelor’s degree from Auburn University
- Certified Professional Coach by the Newfield Network
- Certified Somatic Coach by The Strozzi Institute
- Certificate in Organizational Learning from George Mason University
- Graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School’s program for leadership practitioners
- Solo parent to a “rising adult” daughter
- Split time between Washington DC and Savannah GA
- Love to travel and find new adventures in the world
Learn more about Nebo’s services.