Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“Imagine each of us consistently operating from the highest potential of our minds and hearts.”
Smruti Patel works with leaders and organizations driven to achieve exceptional results. As a seasoned leadership coach with an international background and a career spanning consulting and law, Smruti brings a unique combination of intellectual rigor, keen business acumen and practical experience to each client engagement.
Whether it’s business strategy, world economy or the legal landscape, international affairs or racial equity & social justice, Smruti has experienced and understands the broader context in which leaders operate and the challenges they face. She excels as a strategic thought partner on how to lead in complex, changing environments – with head and heart.
Smruti’s specialty lies in influencing without authority, conflict coaching and navigating the professional landscape, especially inter-personal dynamics within teams and peers at all levels. For leaders seeking to increase awareness of racial equity and inclusion, Smruti can be trusted to create a safe space to examine biases and improve the quality of DEI conversations. She is a sought-after support for leaders on when and how to have challenging conversations.
Smruti has a warm, engaging style and is known for her quick wit and humor. She has worked with CEOs, executives, officers in the US military, non-profit boards and leaders, lawyers and other professionals from across industries in the USA, Latin America, Asia and Africa.
- A decade of experience delivering over a 1000 hours of leadership coaching, worldwide
- Facilitator and Coach including on topics of Racial Equity and Justice
- Facilitator for business & leadership workshops with hundreds of leaders at Fortune 500 companies, across industries, globally
- Moderator at international business conferences (e.g. US-Africa Summit), women’s conferences & organizational events (e.g. IBM)
- Leadership Expert Panelist (e.g. Georgetown Law Women’s Forum, Wharton Africa Summit, Mama Sarah Obama Foundation)
- Business development, sales, and research in leadership best practices at CEB (Now Gartner)
- Co-author of research book on Upgrading Organizations’ Talent Management Strategies
- Tax and Litigation attorney in the U.K. at firms including Hogan Lovells
- Fluent in Swahili and Hindi
Education, Training and Certifications
- International Coaching Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching from Georgetown University
- Masters of Law in International Legal Studies from Georgetown University Law Center
- Bachelor of Laws (Magna Cum Laude equivalent) from University of Buckingham (U.K.)
- Bachelor of Arts in History, Politics & English Literature from University of Buckingham (U.K.)
- Assessment Certifications: Myers Briggs
- Smruti loves swimming, nature photography and exploring.
- Her attitude of “We’ll figure it out / How hard can it be?” has led to what she calls, “Wisdom Experiences”!
Learn more about Nebo’s services.