Vice President & Facilitator
“Seeing how participants in Nebo’s work absorb the importance of developing the leader within gives me great joy. I love being the catalyst for organizational transformation.”
In her role as Nebo Vice President of Client Services, Tanara applies a coach approach to all her work with clients. She oversees a client portfolio that includes healthcare systems, finance and real estate companies, as well as social justice organizations. Tanara works closely with organizational sponsors to identify the best solutions for their leadership development priorities. For Tanara, customer service and collaborative relationships are key to building a strong foundation of excellence and partnership.
Drawing on her experience as a trained coach using a combination of traditional coaching approaches, Gestalt training and deep studies in the work of Carl Jung, Tanara supports leaders’ and organizations’ capacities to adapt to changes in their environments. In her previous leadership role at Nebo, Tanara brought this approach to guiding more than 300 leaders in selecting the right coaches based on their objectives and other factors. Now she designs coaching and leadership development programs to actively support professional development and foster organizational growth and change. Since 2020, she has been facilitating several cohorts of mid-level to senior female federal government leaders in exploring leadership challenges and solutions to be even more effective leaders and increase their networks.
Tanara also leans into her experience as a talented facilitator and brings warmth, humor, openness and directness to all aspects of her client work. She is deeply invested in creating psychological safety and a fertile environment for deep and transformative work with her clients at an individual, team and organizational level.
Prior to joining Nebo, Tanara designed public relations and other communications strategies for education and finance nonprofit organizations. As Director at Tigercomm, an environmental public relations consultancy, she developed large-scale public relations solutions for international environmental organizations to impact public policy and for renewable energy companies to secure the attention of customers, investors and policymakers. There is still a special place in her heart for work that generates positive environmental impact.
- 20+ years of leading and providing creative and effective solutions for organizations as a Nebo senior leader, coach, facilitator and communications strategist
- Provided group coaching to cohort of Black and Brown women using myth, drumming, powerful questioning and active listening that created a sense of freedom for clients to explore their experiences, new thoughts and ideas and to be impacted by others with similar and differing experiences
- Presented at the 2021 ICF DC Capital Coaches Conference on “The Gestalt Cycle of Experience How a Concept Developed in the 1940s May Help Us Process Racial Stress Now”
- Was credited by national financial lending nonprofit with developing communications strategy that greatly contributed to passage of the strongest overdraft fee consumer protection by Federal Reserve
Education, Training and Certifications
- M.A in Psychology (Cleveland State University)
- B.A. in Journalism (University of Maryland)
- In-process—Certificate in Trauma-Informed Coaching (Mentor Agility)
- Certificate in Alchemy Method™ (Group Coaching)(Mentor Agility)
- Certificate in Co-Active Coaching (Coach Training Institute)
- Certificate in Training and Organization Development (Gestalt Institute of Cleveland)
- International Coach Federation Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- D.C. Gestalt Practitioners Group
- Sierra Club
- Outdoor Afros
- Climate Resident Advisory Group (selected for task force advising on her county’s climate action plan)
- An avid nature lover, Tanara is passionate about spending time outdoors hiking and camping. Her lifelong love of nature grew from time spent crabbing, fishing and camping along the waters of the Chesapeake Bay.
- Tanara is also a lover of international travel. She last traveled to Egilsstaðir Iceland where she stayed in a living museum and spent time forest bathing, riding horses, viewing the Northern lights, foraging for wild berries and listening to the soothing sounds of glacier water rushing by.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.