“Defining the value of my leadership in the context of a new environment was very hard for me. I was surprised by the depth of our conversations and the insights I got on myself.” Former director-level client
Uzma is an intuitive leadership coach with more than 20 years of corporate experience gained across several industries. She is a former award-winning communications and change management consultant with well-known brands including the Big 4. She has multi-industry experience from professional to financial services to pharma and oil and gas industry at global and local levels.
Coaching has been the golden thread throughout Uzma’s 20 years of working on organizational change. Throughout her career, Uzma has worked with senior executives, directors, and senior management teams to increase their capacity to lead, innovate, communicate, and collaborate during intense times of change. This has included mergers and acquisitions, divestments, creating purpose, vision, and values, and culture change towards new ways of working. In 2016 she was head-hunted from the UK to work in Switzerland and in 2020 made the decision to switch full-time to leadership coaching. She now focuses her efforts on director-level leaders in large organizations around the globe from the heart of Europe.
Uzma is action-focused and results-driven, yet her coaching style is spacious, grounded, playful, and authentic. By encouraging people to get in touch with their authentic selves Uzma helps them to uncover their unique brilliance. Uzma helps her clients not only to navigate through change, complexity, and uncertainty but to thrive within it.
She calls forth her clients and is unafraid to ask the ‘tough questions’ if that means that her clients are able to break with old habits, stories or behaviors holding them back from achieving their true purpose in life. This balanced combination has proved transformative for her clients helping them to evoke new consciousness and taking their leadership to the next level. A heart-based leader, her empathy and love of innovation evoke change.
- 20 years plus experience as a Change and Communications consultant across a diverse range of industries including FTSE 100 companies
- 10 years organization transformation experience with M&As and divestments
- Leadership Team experience representing Communications as part of Global HR Services in Switzerland
- Long-term coaching and enabling senior directors in a 15,000-employee strong, global commercial organization in Pharma to galvanize an internal transformation internally and to amplify the organization’s voice in the world externally to improve health systems globally.
- Alignment, internal communication and cultural change management for new healthcare systems to deliver broad, rapid and sustainable patient access to innovative offerings.
- Communications lead for ThePeopleProject, an organizational transformation program in Group HR to develop global HR practices and build on HR agility to 94,000 employees
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion, Allyship speaking, facilitation and creating brave spaces in Tech, Law, Media and Entertainment
- Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC) – Co-Active Training Institute
- International Coaching Federation (ICF) Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- BSc (Hons) Speech Communication – University College London (UCL)
- Professional Diploma in Marketing and Member of Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM)
- Assessment Certifications: The Leadership Circle Profile and Manager Edition Certified 360 (TLCP) – The Leadership Circle
- Uzma enjoys being in nature and the mountains, Alpine downhill skiing and hiking with friends
- Uzma grounds herself through daily meditation and mindfulness practice and is an embodiment and Yoga enthusiast
- She is a British expat, in an inter-racial marriage and lives in France on the border with Switzerland and Germany.
Learn more about Nebo’s services.