“Great leadership in rapidly changing and complex times is always in the service of others. I am passionate about supporting leaders who want to explore their full potential and achieve personal growth when leading themselves and others through change.”
Vera integrates almost 30 years of work experience in human and international development in Eastern Europe, Asia and Africa and a proven record in facilitating change when working with senior officials and leaders in multicultural and fast-paced work environments. She offers a global and culture-diverse perspective that supports clients trying to transition through uncertainty and change.
Committed to partnering with her clients throughout their journey, Vera builds strong relationships based on clear development goals, trust and accountability. She supports her clients in leading (themselves and others) through change by managing resistance and ambiguity, helping them clarify their intentions, explore their strengths and blind spots, and build confidence as they integrate new behaviors and transition to the next stage in their careers and organizations.
Vera works with clients from various sectors including health, finance/insurance, the airline industry and international non-profit organizations. Clients value her caring, clear and practical approach as well as her multicultural experience. Her clients also appreciate her insights into positive psychology and the neuroscience of behavioral change, her easy access to somatic and mindfulness tools, and her warm personality and humor with which she creates a safe space for exploration and deep reflection.
- 30 years of experience in international development as a team leader, manager and senior consultant
- Designed, implemented, and facilitated leadership and senior staff development programs
- Worked and lived in several countries in Europe, Asia and Africa, implementing development projects and policy reforms; research on poverty reduction, and financial management
- 8 years of experience as a leadership coach in international organizations and the public and private sector – across industries, including Fortune 500 companies
- Passionate about coaching leaders in transition and emerging leaders
Education, Training and Certifications
- PhD in Economics, University of Cologne, Germany
- Masters in Economics and Social Science , University of Cologne, Germany
- Certificate of International Business, NYU; Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Paris
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Certified Life Transition Coach (LifeOptionsProgram)
- International Coaching Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Positive Intelligence Advanced Training Program (Shirzad Chahine)
- Body equals Brain training – Somatic Coaching (Amanda Blake)
- Growth Edge Coaching Program (Jennifer Garvey Berger)
- Transition Coaching Program (Chris Wahl)
- Positive Neuroplasticity and Resilience training (Rick Hanson)
- Navigating Polarities
- Assessment Certifications: DiSC; Gallup StrengthsFinder; Strengthscope; Firo-B; TKI
- Born in Germany on the French border, hometown now Wiesbaden; lives in Washington DC with her two grown daughters
- Loves walking, hiking, and swimming and spends long weekends in the Shenandoah
- Enjoys traveling around Europe and Asia, experiencing different cultures and foods, and is an avid yoga practitioner.
- German native, fluent in French and confident in casual Spanish
Learn more about Nebo’s services.