Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“When a computer’s Internal Operating System (IOS) is upgraded, everything on it runs better and performance increases dramatically. Similarly, every leader has a unique IOS that may require upgrades as the complexity of experienced challenges increases.”
Rising from humble beginnings, Vinay Kumar has grown into a leadership coach and thought leader with over 35 years of practical business, managerial, and leadership experience in Fortune 500 companies, Small Business and the Federal Government, which includes Gulf Oil Corporation and the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Vinay’s pragmatic business acumen, cultural awareness, understanding of leadership impact, and hands-on experience in the entire business continuum, from sales through delivery and service, have prepared him to be a sought-after thought partner for leaders. He is a deep thinker who helps his clients look for systematic solutions to complex problems and challenges. He brings a calm, thoughtful and reflective presence to his work as a leadership coach, as he supports clients in growing and transforming from the inside out.
During his career and personal life, Vinay has experienced both successes and failures. He is fond of saying that he has earned a Ph.D. from the School of Hard Knocks, University of Life. Many of Vinay’s clients come from technical backgrounds, such as engineering, medicine, IT, software development, law, law enforcement, and finance.
- Marketing and advertising executive for almost 2 decades
- Various leadership and executive management roles in the public and private sector
- Over 30 years of experience working with leaders both domestically and internationally in US, Israel, India, South Africa, Costa Rica, Austria, and elsewhere around the world
- Adjunct faculty at the Center for Excellence in Public Leadership at the George Washington University
- Co-author of “Language and the Pursuit of Leadership Excellence” (2018)
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Leadership Circle Profile 360 Certification
- Emotional and Social Competency Inventory 360 Certification
- EQi 2.0 and EQ 360 Certification
- Hogan Certification
- Polarity Approach for Continuity & Transformation (PACT®)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (University of Maryland)
- Married for nearly 40 years, has two beautiful grown daughters and amazing sons-in-law
- Is happiest when traveling, hiking in the mountains, and conducting free medical missions overseas with his wife
Learn more about Nebo’s services.