Leadership Coach & Facilitator
“As Randy Newman sang, ‘It’s lonely at the top.’ Even though the client’s experience will be different than mine, I understand and empathize with the issues faced by executive leaders.”
Garry Sanders plays the piano and loves jazz improvisation. He says, “It is all about change and adaptation and what’s best for the song; it is a great practice for leadership.”
Garry enjoys working with clients in the midst of change, helping them to find a path forward and to define what it means to be successful. He supports clients looking to bring their voice to lead and inspire others.
Garry is a great coach for those who know they have more potential and have not yet found it. He also enjoys working with clients who are questioning whether or not they have the right team in place to support them.
- Brings over 30 years of senior leadership experience to his coaching and facilitation work
- International Coach Federation Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
- Adjunct faculty member at The John Hopkins University Master of Research Administration Program
- Leadership Coach and Learning Circle Advisor the Academy for Innovative Higher Education Leadership
- Prior to coaching, served as the Executive VP and COO of the State University of New York and managed $1.0B in grants and contract opportunities
- Served on the board of the National Council of University Research Administrators
- Executive Certificate in Leadership Coaching (Georgetown University)
- Master in Public Policy (University at Albany, SUNY)
- Bachelor of Arts in English and History (State University of New York at Buffalo)
- Lives in Albany, NY
- Plays piano in local rock and jazz bands