“We are all a product of our experiences.”
Marcy brings over 20 years of experience as a senior executive, management consultant, facilitator, and leadership coach to every client engagement. She is a respected business executive who has earned a reputation for delivering significant results in complex organizations. Throughout Marcy’s corporate career she successfully managed large strategic projects from idea through successful execution. Marcy has a broad range of experience in highly strategic line management roles, holding executive and Officer level positions at both Sallie Mae and Capital One. In her corporate capacity, she led strategy, product development and marketing of groundbreaking businesses
Marcy now dedicates her time to helping leaders and organizations by providing consulting, leadership development, strategic planning, facilitation, and coaching. Marcy focuses on helping individuals and teams deliver exceptional results by setting and communicating a vision, prioritizing the highest value activities, creating efficient plans, tracking progress, and especially developing visionary leaders, helping them find and develop their unique voice and working at their highest potential.
Marcy works from the premise that leaders are part of a larger ecosystem, that their leadership moves and the moves of others have a profound and lasting impact on the system of the whole. That premise in combination with the notion that suggest that even one new practice, and especially many new practices, will change the outcomes an organization can produce. It’s not just that leaders lead by example, though they do, it’s that being open to change, then trying new things, and creating new experiences for those in the organization enables the entirety of the organization to see and create possibilities that didn’t exist before.
Marcy has applied her strategic approach to her coaching of C-suite leaders in large corporations, the Federal Government, law firms, small businesses, VC-backed start-ups, and individuals.
- Strategic advisor and executive coach to start-ups from Angel stage to Series D, coaching through successful incremental rounds of funding and unprecedented growth, with a particular interest in FinTech and Healthcare Tech
- Independent Board Director and Audit Committee member (former Audit Chair) of the Board of Directors of BM Technologies (NYSE: BMTX).
- P&L responsibility for two Fortune 100 fledgling and high-growth retail banking businesses. Developed and delivered profitable, innovative savings and checking products and portfolios while building a consumer brand and achieving total customer profitability across the enterprises.
- Coached hundreds of CEOs and C-suite executives in start-ups, Fortune 100, Federal Government, and not-for-profits.
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, MBA Marketing & Strategic Management
- University of Pennsylvania, BSE Systems Science & Engineering
- Georgetown University, Certificate in Leadership Coaching
- International Coach Federation Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
- Certified, Conversational Intelligence (C-IQ), studied with Judith Glaser
- SOAR Certified Leadership Development Trainer/ Chalmers Brothers T3
- Narrative Coaching, Enhanced Practitioner, studied with David Drake
- Assessment certifications: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Step I and Step II, The Emotional and Social Competency Indicator (ESCI), AccuMatch
- Raised in Baltimore, MD and lives in Northern VA with her husband, while her children are away at their respective schools
- Engages deeply with her community, serving on the Boards of multiple not-for-profits
- Spends free time reading, exercising, traveling, doing crossword puzzles, and rooting for her hometown team, The Baltimore Orioles
Learn more about Nebo’s services.